
I am NOT a camper so this was a crash course in roughing it for me! We went to the Hoover Dam, dropped in our canoes and began an overnight 12 mile canoe trip...and it was awesome! Matt (above) jumped off a 40 foot (just a guess) cliff - thankfully I didn't watch - I just get to enjoy the image. TOO SCARY!

I got a great arm/back workout - WOW I am sore. Loved it!

Alex and Steve paddled with Sophie in the middle - Sophie got a bit overheated during the last 3 miles and required wet towel blankets and lots of water. It was 95 degrees day one and 100 the next day. HOT.

We stopped along the way and hiked up to see hot springs and caves. It was really great.

Here are the cliff jumpers...

Matt tried this one before his 40 foot drop.

Brad took Sophie for her first cliff jumping experience.

Alex was a little nervous, but she did it! This was definitely a learning experience for me. I want to do it all over again so I can pack right this time (more water - less clothing) Live and learn!
1 comment:
Kristin, I can't believe you took this trip without me!!! This is one I wanted our families to do together!
On the other hand, I'm proud of you cuz I know how this is so not your thing.
Post a Comment