Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Visits, Friends, Baking...a good day.
Yesterday was a bit crazy. I needed one last minute gift which took three times as long to get due to traffic, parking and lines. While waiting in lines, I realized I should do some Christmas baking before the big day on Thursday. So I stopped in at Target to get some groceries. Big mistake! It was packed (of course) and a lot of what I needed was sold out. So I tried the grocery store. I couldn't believe they were sold out of several important ingredients I needed (peppermint extract, powdered sugar...). Three stores later and I found everything I needed to bake Cherry Winks, buttertart squares, peppermint fudge, and chocolate drops. I still needed to buy groceries for Christmas dinner, but I was so done! I woke up this morning determined to get to the store to finish up my grocery shopping before the kids were even out of bed. I did it! Then I told myself 'no more shopping today!' It was wonderful! The kids played with friends, we baked, we played, we visited and stayed home (except to deliver some goodies to friends). So nice.
My friend, Holly, brought over a sweet necklace she made. It is an angel made out of bowtie pasta and beads.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment