So tonight we tried our first caramel recipe. I found it on 101 Cookbooks blog. It is a vegetarian blog that posts mainly healthy recipes, so I figured I'd start with the "healthy" caramel and go up from there. (Hers look prettier that mine because a) I used forks instead of cute lollipop sticks and b) I couldn't find my candy thermometer and used the soft ball/hard ball test so mine wasn't quite as thick and there are other reasons as well...). The recipe uses honey as a base instead of brown sugar, and, as a result, is pretty honeyish tasting. But if you are used to honey instead of sugar in your recipes, this is a good caramel. My kids noticed the difference between what they know as caramel and this caramel right away. But it didn't stop them from eating their apple! Moving on to Kelly McDonald's amazing caramel recipe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Put that in my stomach pronto!!
Last year we had a Halloween party and for some reason I did not want a single treat?(not like me). They did not sound good. My friend was making caramel apples in the kitchen and at the end of the night I wanted to try one. It was the last one left and it had everything on it...oreo crumbs, candy bar, nuts etc. I think I ate everything including the stick. It was sooooo good!
I haven't tasted this caramel but I'm already voting for Kelly's caramel. I made caramel apples for some friends using her recipe and rolled them in oreos and everyone has asked for the recipe! SO tasty!!!!
Post a Comment