Happy Mother's Day, Mum! I am so blessed to have the mother I have. Her patience and love for others is something that is hard to match. My mom, Linda Diane Carnegie Smith is the best mother in the world! Our family got together and put together the ABC's of my mom:
A - Altona mall shopping. I loved going for our weekend trips to Altona Manitoba to Penners Foods, the Red Carpet Restaurant, and the clothes store.B - best cook ever! My love of food and eating comes from my mom's delicious meals. She made all things delicious. Also - bag lunches. My friends at school would crowd around at lunch time to see what awesome treats my mom put in my lunch, like apple pie. Mmmmm.
C - care and concern for all people and all things. I remember mom's nurturing and love for us and our pets - even birds that would fly into our windows and hurt themselves; she would bring them inside and wrap them in kitchen towel and heal their wounds.
D - devoted
E - elbow pain. Even though she suffers from tennis elbow, that doesn't stop her from working and tending to the needs of others.
F - fabulous, fantastic, friend
G- Grand Grandma!
H - humble, helpful, honest, happy, helpful (hairy - but not really - Sophie couldn't think of any other h words)
I - incredible!! Also, interesting and impressive!J - jolly - I love listening to my mom laugh. Just ask my sister, Kerri about their nights at the movie theater. Also, Justin's mom.
K - Kristin, Kelly and Kerri's mom; kid lover. My mom loves children. She opens her heart to all little ones.
L -Loving, likable, lovable, Lyall's wife
M -marvelous, movie lover. My mom loves a good movie. We had so much fun as kids when she'd ask my dad to rent a VCR and bring home movies for the weekend. She made the best popcorn in all varieties - butter and salt, and candy coated were our favorites.
N - nice, nifty, noble and nonjudgmental - she accepts everyone for who they are. Also Needs computer lessons.
O - overjoyed to see her family
P - playful, pretty, PRAYERFUL; it wouldn't matter how late we were for the bus, where we were, or what we were doing, we said our family prayers.
Q - queen of clean! My mom doesn't dust like everybody else. No - it takes a good hour to get through the living room. First soap and water, then Pledge. Iron EVERYTHING. I love the feel of my mom's home.
R - really good at her callings, reader of all books
S - serve, serve, serve and serve. When there is a potluck at church, mom doesn't just bring a plate of cookies - she brings several courses of delicious food. She takes care of everyone's needs and leaves herself for last...always. Also strong, sweet and special to us.
T - the best mom ever, teacher, talented, terrific, testimony, temple worker - she just got called to work in the temple and she loves it. Also - Tom Cruise before the wierdness. She really liked Top Gun.
U - understanding - she tries to understand people and their circumstances.
V - very cool visiting teacher - whenever I call her, it seems she's just on the way out the door to visit teach someone.
W - what a woman - wonderful, Wonder Woman!
X - Xtra fun to talk to on the phone every day. I love my daily phone call with my mom.
Y - yarn - she can knit the most beautiful sweaters. I'll always remember the one she knit for me when I figure skated. It was striped with black, white, and gray. "You're a winter so these are your colors," she told me.
Z - zed. The way she says "z" to all you American folk. I remember the book she bought me called Stumblejumper Zed. It was the best alphabet book with the cutest pictures of a mouse who taught the alphabet with words like "caribou", "moose", and "mounty".
I love you Mum! Thank you for being the best.
3 comments:
For E:
Elbow pain can be painful and you should get her an elbow brace. When I used to type a lot, I would get Carpal Tunnel and I started wearing this elbow brace made by Serola. It really worked and the pain in my forearm was gone. I'd recommend this product for you:
http://www.serola.net/product_gel_arc.php
Good luck!
(PS: I like the layout of your blog, it is very nice!)
Very sweet post K, and darling idea!! - your mom is so lucky to have you as a daughter!
Tender. Yep, we do have the best mom in the whole world! She is an incredible lady! Love her.
Post a Comment