I was in one of those I NEED CHOCOLATE NOW moods today and decided to try this recipe that I found on a favorite website of mine. (The picture above is from her website, Becky Higgins, and it called my name). It did the trick! Chocolate goo, and a oatmeal "crust" that tastes a lot like my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe...what more could a girl ask for? The kids gave them 7 out of 5 stars so it looks like a keeper recipe! Enjoy...if you dare :)Chocolate Oat Squares
1 c. plus 2 T. butter, softened, divided
2 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
4 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
3 c. quick cooking oats
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
1 tsp. baking soda
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. chopped walnuts
In a mixing bowl, cream 1 c. butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and 2 tsp. vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, 1 tsp. salt and baking soda in a separate bowl; stir into creamed mixture. Press 2/3 of oat mixture into a 9x13 greased baking pan. In a saucepan combine milk, chocolate chips and remaining butter and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from from heat; stir in walnuts and remaining vanilla. Spread over crust. Sprinkle remainint oat mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely. Cut into squares.
5 comments:
This looks so evil!!! I can't wait to try it.
Great picture of the chocolate ooey gooey, melt in your mouth treat!
Looks fantastic.
We'll have to try it tonight!:)
These babies are wicked...I got to sample one - not even words can go there. Just make 'em when you want something really gooey and decadent. I'll be making them about once a month.
these look way to good to be true!!
this is my new favorite blog! i love all the family pics.
Ok, these ARE evil! I made them and even though I gave some away, we've eaten way too many ourselves. Dan is a huge fan! Thanks for sharing! Ya, thanks, thanks alot!!!! I never should have tried them....Are you just trying to fatten up everyone around you so you look skinnier? ;)
Post a Comment