Friday, April 11, 2008

Apple Crisp



I had some apples that were calling out to me to make them into something yummy - so of course I thought of apple crisp! My mom used to make this for us and I couldn't sleep at night until it was all eaten. (I still suffer from this problem). Fortunately for me, one other member of our family feels this way when it comes to yummy baked treats...Sophie! (love her). She asks for it for breakfast, after school snack and dinner.

Here is the recipe:
Mix 5 cups peeled and sliced apples with 1 T. flour, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar. Pour into a 8x8 inch pan. Cut up 1 T. butter and dot on top. Combine 3/4 cup oatmeal, 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter. Press over apples. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with ice cream if you like.

No comments: